Soccer 10/12 4

Senior Klasey Meldelberg captures the ball at the West Virginia game on Oct. 12 at the Cyclone Sports Complex. Iowa State lost 0-2.

Iowa State soccer lost another close game on Friday, falling 2-1 to Oklahoma on the road.

The Cyclones struck early with a goal from sophomore forward Kassi Ginther. Sophomore forward Courtney Powell assisted on the play. Powell is tied with senior Emily Steil for the most points on the team.

After the goal, it was all Sooners.

The Cyclones committed a penalty in their own box, and Marissa McMahand capitalized with a goal on a penalty kick tying the score at one.

The rest of the first half saw no real chances from either side.

Early in the second half, the Sooners took the lead with a goal from senior Emily Parker.

The Cyclones had a couple chances later on in the game, but they couldn’t tie it up.

Redshirt senior Brooke Tasker had an opportunity late in the second half with a blast towards Sooners goalkeeper McKinley Crone, but the shot was saved.

The Cyclones are now with their backs against the wall, and any Oklahoma State win or Iowa State loss would eliminate them from contention.

With the win, Oklahoma clinched a spot in the Big 12 Tournament.

The Cyclones’ next game is at 1 p.m. on Sunday against Oklahoma State.