Women's world cup

Following their 2-1 quarterfinal victory over France in the 2019 Women’s World Cup, the United States will face England on Tuesday in Decines-Charpieu, France at 2 p.m Central Standard Time Tuesday. 

England is coming off a 3-0 victory over Norway and have outscored their opponents 11-1 in their five games in the tournament. 

Forward Ellen White leads the English with five goals, which is tied for first in goals with three other players including American forwards Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan.

The English have been one of the most disciplined teams in the tournament, as they have only had one yellow card against them thus far. 

Back in March, the United States and England played in the Group Stage in the SheBelieves Cup in Nashville, Tennessee, which resulted in a 2-2 draw. 

In the last five matches against England, the United States has won three, lost one and finished the other in a 2-2 draw.

The United States has outscored England 5-3 in their last five matchups.

All but one of the last five matches the United States and England have played have finished in a 1-0 game with the United States winning three of those games and England winning one in 2017.

Tuesday’s game between the United States and England will be televised on Fox.

The winner will advance to the 2019 Women’s World Cup at 10 a.m. Sunday in Lyon, France, against the winner of the Netherlands and Sweden game. The loser will play at 10 a.m. Saturday in the third-place game in Nice, France.