womens basketball

Madison Wise looks to pass the ball during the game against Texas Jan. 12. The Cyclones lost to the Longhorns 62-64.

No. 23 Iowa State moved to 16-5 on the season and 6-3 in Big 12 play on Tuesday night with a dominating 105-66 win over Texas Tech.

This is the second time in the past four games that Iowa State has eclipsed the 100-point mark, and the 105 points is the most that the Cyclones have scored all season. As a whole, the Cyclones shot over 62 percent from the field for the game and over 54 percent from beyond the arc. 

Meanwhile, after mostly keeping up with the Cyclones in the first quarter, Texas Tech faltered the rest of the way and finished with 35 percent field goal percentage. The Lady Raiders two leading scorers, Chrislyn Carr and Brittany Brewer, were held to 23 combined points and a 33 percent shooting percentage.

IMG_5372.JPG

Iowa State sophomore Kristin Scott takes a shot during a blowout win over North Dakota.

The Cyclones were led once again by Bridget Carleton, who finished with 27 points and seven rebounds. Kristin Scott, fresh off a 31-point performance against Oklahoma State, also had a strong night with 22 points and five rebounds.

Iowa State will play again on Saturday at 1 p.m. against Kansas State in Manhattan, Kansas. Following that game, the Cyclones will have a week off before continuing in Big 12 play.