IMG_0007.JPG

Iowa State senior Marial Shayok sizes up a Baylor defender during the first half on Feb. 19.

Iowa State guard Marial Shayok has picked up numerous awards and honors after his strong redshirt senior campaign.

That continued Tuesday when the Associated Press announced its All-America teams.

Shayok was named honorable mention All-American by the AP, making him the third Cyclone to achieve All-America honors under coach Steve Prohm.

Shayok's lone season in a Cyclone uniform was critical to the team's success. He led Iowa State back to the NCAA Tournament after the team suffered its first losing season of the decade during the 2017-18 season.

Shayok led Iowa State with 18.7 points per game and added an average of 4.9 rebounds. He was one of the most efficient scorers in the country, shooting 49.6 percent from the floor, 38.6 percent from beyond the 3-point line and 87.8 percent from the free throw line.

Shayok played 34 games for Iowa State and scored at least 10 points in 32 of them. He also had 16 games of 20-plus points.

Shayok was named All-Big 12 first team after the regular season ended and was named Big 12 Tournament Most Outstanding Player after he led Iowa State to three wins in Kansas City, Missouri, for the team's fourth conference tournament title in the last six seasons.

Shayok will participate in the upcoming Portsmouth Invitational from April 17-20 along with fellow Iowa State redshirt senior Nick Weiler-Babb.