_MG_9234.jpg

With 1:19 left on the clock and the Cyclones in a four point deficit head coach Steve Prohm talks to sophomore guard Lindell Wigginton, freshman guard Talen Horton-Tucker, senior guard Nick Weiler-Babb and redshirt junior Michael Jacobson during the second half of the senior night game against Texas Tech. The Cyclones lost 80-73 against the Red Raiders on March 9 at Hilton Coliseum. 

Iowa State will face a tough Big East foe in December as part of the new Big 12/Big East Challenge.

While the specific date and time of the game has not been announced, the Cyclones know they will take on Seton Hall at Hilton Coliseum as part of the challenge.

Just like Iowa State, the Pirates lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Seton Hall finished its season 20-14 (9-9 Big East) and earned a 10 seed in the Midwest region. If Iowa State and Seton Hall had won their first two games, they would have matched up in the Sweet 16 in Kansas City, Missouri.

Seton Hall loses one senior — forward Michael Nzei, who averaged 9.0 points and 5.2 rebounds per game — but the majority of the team should return.

IMG_1286.jpg

Iowa State freshman Talen Horton-Tucker spins the ball off his hands for a layup during the first half against Baylor at the Big 12 Tournament in Kansas City on Thursday, March 14.

Junior guard Myles Powell led the Pirates this season with 23.1 points per game, including 27 points in the team's first round NCAA Tournament loss to Wofford. He entered his name in the NBA Draft but could still return to college by May 29 and retain his eligibility.

Iowa State is in a similar spot with freshman guard Talen Horton-Tucker, who entered his name for the NBA Draft as well. Horton-Tucker can also return to college by May 29 and play for Iowa State in 2019-20.