IMG_1467.jpg

Iowa State head coach Steve Prohm shouts directions at his team during the second half against Baylor in the Big 12 Tournament in Kansas City. 

Javan Johnson -- a sit-out transfer from Troy University -- has committed to Iowa State on his first visit to the program, as first reported by Chris Williams of Cyclone Fanatic.

Later -- Johnson announced his decision via Twitter.

As a sophomore last season, Johnson started 30 games for Troy where he averaged 10.4 points and 4.2 rebounds a game on a squad which finished the season 12-18 overall (5-13 Sun Belt Conference)

The 6-foot-seven-inch forward shot 40 percent from the floor and 35 percent from three while leading Troy in three-pointers made and total minutes played.

Johnson didn’t redshirt while Troy, so he will have two eligible seasons after redshirting during the coming 2019-2020 season due to the NCAA transfer rules.

Iowa State has had success with sit-out transfers both during the Fred Hoiberg era and during Steve Prohm’s tenure including Nick Weiler-Babb, Marial Shayok and Michael Jacobson -- who all started for the Cyclones last season.

Five of Iowa State’s 16-player roster from the 2018-19 season were transfers including the aforementioned Weiler-Babb, Shayok and Jacobson.