Young_Halftime 2.jpg

Coach Steve Prohm claps after made free throws on Saturday in the first half against Purdue in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Incoming Iowa State guard Lindell Wigginton will train with the Canadian U19 team this month, per a release from the Iowa State athletic department.

Training runs from June 12-20 in Etobicoke, Ontario.

If Wigginton is selected to play for the U19 team, he will also travel with the team for its games at the FIBA U19 Basketball World Cup from July 1-9 in Cairo, Egypt. The U19 team also has exhibition games in France before the World Cup.

“This is a great opportunity for Lindell to train and play against really good competition and under the supervision of a really good group of coaches,” Iowa State head coach Steve Prohm said in a press release. “Anytime you have the opportunity to represent your country it is a really special thing. We’ll look forward to following him and to having him back on campus in July.”

Wigginton, a five-star recruit according to Rivals, figures to play a big role for Iowa State as a true freshman.