IMG_0007.JPG

Iowa State senior Marial Shayok sizes up a Baylor defender during the first half on Feb. 19.

The Big 12 Conference announced Sunday its award winners for the 2018-19 Big 12 season, which concluded Saturday. Four Cyclones were recognized.

Redshirt senior guard Marial Shayok, who led the team with 18.7 points per game, including 17.8 per game in conference play, was the lone Cyclone to make the All-Big 12 First Team.

Sophomore guard Lindell Wigginton, redshirt senior guard Nick Weiler-Babb and freshman guard Talen Horton-Tucker were all named honorable mentions.

Additionally, Wigginton won the league's Sixth Man of the Year award. Wigginton played all 18 conference games this season but started one. His 13.1 points per game in league play ranked second on the team. After a rocky return from injury, Wigginton ended the season with eight games of 10-plus points in the team's final nine games.

Weiler-Babb was the Cyclones' leader in assists in conference play and ranked third on the team in rebounding (4.8 per game).

_MG_9234.jpg

With 1:19 left on the clock and the Cyclones in a four point deficit head coach Steve Prohm talks to sophomore guard Lindell Wigginton, freshman guard Talen Horton-Tucker, senior guard Nick Weiler-Babb and redshirt junior Michael Jacobson during the second half of the senior night game against Texas Tech. The Cyclones lost 80-73 against the Red Raiders on March 9 at Hilton Coliseum. 

Horton-Tucker's 9.8 points per game during conference play ranked third on the team. The freshman guard had 20 points (7-of-11 shooting) in Iowa State's 78-64 victory at league-champion Kansas State.

Shayok was also named to the league's All-Newcomer Team and Horton-Tucker made the All-Freshman Team.