IMG_8552.JPG

The Iowa State men’s basketball team celebrates their win against the University of Kansas. Iowa State won the Big 12 Championship 78-66 against University of Kansas on March 16 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO.

Iowa State men's basketball is saying "Ciao!" to an international trip this summer. 

The Cyclones announced Tuesday that the team will head to Italy from August 10-20 to play three games against international opposition and build team chemistry. 

Under NCAA regulations, college basketball teams are able to take international trips once every four summers. The Cyclones went to Spain in 2015 for their last European visit, and previously visited Italy in 2011.

Games have been tentatively scheduled in Rome, Pisa and Vicenza, though final dates and times will be finalized closer to the team's departure. 

Coach Steve Prohm said he was thankful the school's administration lets the team go on trips like this. 

"We are excited to be able to take our guys on a trip that will provide them with memories and experiences that will last a lifetime," Prohm said in a release. "It will give us the opportunity to work with them more on the court in a team setting this summer and allow them to get acclimated to each other."