Iowa State's top basketball recruiting target, Rashad Vaughn, narrowed his list of potential schools to five via his Twitter account Friday, with Iowa State being named one of the potential suitors. 

Vaughn tweeted at 1:48 p.m., "Blessed to say my final 5: "Kansas, UNLV, Kentucky, Iowa St, North Carolina #NoOrder"

Vaughn took his official visit to Iowa State on Nov. 17 when the Cyclones defeated then-No. 7 Michigan at Hilton Coliseum 77-70. Before the game he said that of all the schools recruiting him, he had the best relationship with Fred Hoiberg and assistant coach Matt Abdelmassih.

After visiting Ames, Vaughn visited University of Nevada, Las Vegas, which is near his high school team Findlay Prep in Las Vegas, Nev. He has an official visit set up for North Carolina on Feb. 15. 

Currently Vaughn, listed as No. 17, is one of only four recruits in ESPN.com's top-100 recruits who haven't committed to a school yet. With getting down to his last five schools, Vaughn eliminated Minnesota, Arizona and Baylor.