Men's Golf--Sam Daley

Senior golfer Sam Daley works on his swing at practice on April 14.

Iowa State men’s golf came into the Hootie at Bulls Bay in Awendah, South Carolina, rolling off a first place finish at the Colleton River Collegiate. The Cyclones kept their momentum through a close tournament.

After round one, the Cyclones were tied for second place with three others. Iowa State had a slight drop in score after round two, however turned it around in the third and final round to finish in fourth place.

The top three finishers went to teams ranked in the top 50, according to Golfstat. Mississippi came out of the Hootie in first place, followed by Kent State and Kentucky. Iowa State slid right by Missouri, a team ranked No. 43, for the fourth place.

Freshman Lachlan Barker had another outstanding performance. Barker tied for sixth place in the individual race. He scored one of the lowest scores in the tournament in the first round, scoring 210 (68-71-71).

Another Cyclone finished in the top 10 along with Barker. Redshirt senior Denzel Ieremia tied for eighth place, scoring 211 (71-69-71).

Iowa State Scores

T6. Lachlan Barker 68-71-71=210

T8. Denzel Ieremia 71-69-71=211

T22. Tripp Kinney 69-75-71=215

T42. Sam Vincent 73-76-71=220

T53. Frank Lindwall 74-75-73=222

The men’s golf team takes their game to Iowa City, Iowa, for the Hawkeye Invitational on April 14-15.