Cross Country Big 12

ISU men's cross-country runners form a pack early in the race at the Big 12 Championships on Nov. 1.

The ISU men’s cross country team took this week to recover from its first loss this season. After the 28th place finish, the team got back to working toward the postseason.

The team will travel to Stillwater, Okla., to race in the Big 12 Championship. The Cyclones return and hope to improve on their third place finish from last year.

“The last two years, the guys have done a nice job of showing up at the conference meet by getting second and third, and this year our expectation is to keep that streak going,” said Jeremy Sudbury, ISU assistant coach.

“It’s always a highlight on our calendar in regards to championship season. All the work we’ve done to this point, the practices, the races, have been in an effort to get ready for this meet.”

The team’s game plan has been to focus on the post season and the Big 12 Championship since day one.

“The guys have kept their heads down and continued working," Sudbury said. "Knowing that all the stuff we’ve been doing this season is adding up for this time of year.”

The Cyclones are ready to race it out on Halloween in Oklahoma at 10 a.m. in their first postseason race, where they will face Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas State and TCU.