IMG_6847.jpg

Iowa State's Jhoanmy Luque competes in the triple jump during the last day of the Drake Relays in Des Moines on April 28, 2018. Luque won with a personal record of 44 feet-11 inches.   

Day two of the Big 12 Outdoor Championships saw the Iowa State women's track and field team earn their first win of the weekend in any event.

Jhoanmy Luque continued her stellar senior season by winning her sixth career Big 12 title, her first in the outdoor long jump. Known for saving the best for last with her clutch jump, Luque didn't need theatrics on Saturday after getting her best mark of 21-feet 3-and-1/2-inches on her first jump.

Luque will go for her seventh career Big 12 Championship in the triple jump on Saturday.

DR- jasmine Staebler

Iowa State junior, Jasmine Staebler, runs in the women's distance medley relay at the Drake Relays in Des Moines on April 28. 

On the track, three different Cyclones qualified for the finals of their respective events on Sunday after their performances in the prelims Saturday.

Jasmine Staebler and Erinn Stenman-Fahey will each run tomorrow after finishing in the top six of the 800 meter dash. Staebler took first place with a time of 2:06.58 and will be the top seed in Sunday's final, while Stenman-Fahey took sixth with a time of 2:07.54.

Karly Ackley also advanced with her third place finish in the 1,500 meter dash. Ackley finished with a time of 4:27.05.

IMG_7104.jpg

Iowa State's Karly Ackley runs in the Distance Medley during the last day of the Drake Relays in Des Moines April 28, 2018. Ackley and the Cyclones finished in third place.

Other Cyclones finishing in the top 10 of their events include Larkin Chapman in the 1,500 meter dash (10th place, 4:31.48), Essence Henderson in the discus (10th place, 159-feet 11-inches) and Kelly Naumann in the 3,000 meter steeplechase (ninth place, 10:41.84)

After the second day, the Cyclone women now sit in fifth place overall as a team with a score of 30. The final day of the Big 12 Outdoor Championships will start at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.