IMG_6884.jpg

Iowa State's Jhoanmy Luque competes in the triple jump during the last day of the Drake Relays in Des Moines on April 28, 2018. Luque won with a personal record of 44 feet-11 inches.   of the Drake Relays April 28.

One of the greatest careers in Iowa State track and field history came to a close on Saturday.

Jhoanmy Luque, who has starred in the long and triple jump for the Cyclones since stepping on campus in 2014, wrapped up her Iowa State career on Saturday by winning All-America honors for the 12th time.

Iowa STate Drake Relays-5064.jpg

Iowa State senior Jhoanmy Luque waves her champions flag from long jump at the Drake Relays. Luque won the event with a jump of 20-feet-11 1/4, which was a personal record.

Luque finished in 13th place in the triple jump at the NCAA Outdoor Championships with a best jump of 42 feet, 11-and-3/4-inches. The jump was good enough to make her a second-team All-American for the seventh time in her career. She finished as a first-team All-American five times.

While it wasn't quite the weekend Luque had hoped for, given that she didn't make the final cut in either the long or triple jump, she still remains one of the most decorated athletes at Iowa State in recent memory.

In addition to being a 12-time All-American, Luque is also a six-time Big 12 champion, the school's record holder for the outdoor long jump and was Iowa State's Female Athlete of the Year in 2016-17.