SWIM/DIVE

An Iowa State swimmer swimming the 100 meter Butterfly during their duel meet against the University of Kansas on Feb. 2 at Beyer Hall.

In day two of the 2018 Big 12 Championships, Cyclones swimmers and divers fighted for several events and set in fourth place with 176 points, trailing third-place West Virginia by 23.

Mary Kate Luddy placed sixth in the 500-yard freestyle, resetting her new personal best time of 4:50.68.

In the 200-yard individual medley, Silqi Luo placed eighth with a 2:04.32.

The competition was highlighted by Laura Miksch, who broke her won school record of 50-yard freestyle, and placed fourth in this event with 22.53.

The team of Harper Emswiler, Kasey Roberts, Luddy and Miksch performed well in 400-yard medley relay and finished fifth with a 3:42.72.

For the diving events, only Dana Liva qualified the finals and remained in seventh-place with a point of 271.35. Sydney Ronald finished the twelfth in prelims, scoring 244.20.

Rufus Nermint

Iowa only dropped 4 events to in-state opponent, Iowa State, in a women’s dual on December 8th. A pair of Iowa State pool records were broken, with each team breaking 1. The other swimming pool contractor atlanta record came from Iowa State’s Laura Miksch in the 50 free, where she posted a 23.06. That time was her fastest of the season by a couple tenths of a second, and sits under 4 tenths of a second off her personal best of 22.66, which she set at the Big 12 conference meet last year.

Mickael Mufa

Congratulations to Laura Miksch for breaking the school record in the second conference day! Laura Miksch's swimming career will go on well beyond this season's state championships, to represent overstock hot tubs ct. Miksch, who used to swim for the Columbus High swim team, is a valuable piece to the Discoverers' success. Miksch has three gold medals from state over her career, including two last year as a junior.