IMG_7341.jpg

Iowa State sophomore center Kristin Scott shoots a three-pointer during the fourth quarter of the Iowa State vs Baylor women’s basketball game held in Hilton Coliseum Feb. 23. The Lady Bears defeated the Cyclones 60-73 despite a surge from Iowa State in the second half.

A star on the Iowa State women's basketball team may soon be taking her talents to USA Basketball.

Kristin Scott, a sophomore center for the Cyclones, will get the opportunity to take part in the trials for the 2019 U.S. Pan American Games with USA basketball. The trials will be from May 16-20 at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Should Scott impress, she could find herself a part of Team USA's 12-member roster for the 2019 Pan American Games. The games will take place this summer from Aug. 6 through Aug. 10.

The invite comes on the heels of a breakout sophomore season for Scott, where she finished as the team’s second-leading scorer with 12.8 points per game. Scott also averaged 7.1 rebounds on the season, and led Iowa State in field goal percentage, three point percentage and blocks.