Cross Country Regionals

Senior Perez Rotich paces herself before the finish at the NCAA Midwest Regional on Nov. 15, 2013 at the ISU Cross-Country Course.

The ISU women's cross-country clinched its seventh straight berth to the NCAA Championship with a second-place finish at the NCAA Midwest Regional on Friday in Lawrence, Kan.

Oklahoma State finished first, putting an end to Iowa State's streak of five consecutive regional titles. 

Perez Rotich and Erin Hooker led the Cyclones with 12th and 14th place performances, respectively.

Andrea Toppin, Abby Caldwell and Evelyne Guay rounded out the scoring for Iowa State with 18th, 19th and 35th place performances. 

The team will travel to Louisville, Ky, on Nov. 21 for the NCAA Championship meet.

ISU coach Andrea Grove-McDonough said freshman Becky Straw, who finished 12th at the Greater Louisville Classic earlier this season but injured herself at the Wisconsin adidas Invitational, will run at nationals.

Grove-McDonough also did not rule out the possibility of 2013 All-American Bethanie Brown making her season debut at the meet.