Big12meet2.JPG

Sophomore Wyatt Rhoads, a heptathlete, runs in the 1000m portion of his six events during the Big 12 Conference Meet in Lied Rec Facility Feb. 25.

Bang!

The first gun goes off and the season started for the Iowa State men’s and women’s track and field teams. The Cyclones kicked off their first meet on Friday with the Cyclone Duals at Lied Recreation Center. Shaking off the offseason rust, Iowa State looked to have potential in its first event of the year.

“I still have a lot of untapped potential,” junior Wyatt Rhoads said coming off a successful year for the Cyclones and establishing himself as one of their top runners.

Rhoads also stated the importance of “seeing success but knowing there is a lot more out there still.”

drake relays-74.jpg

Iowa State's Jasmine Staebler competes in the women's 800-meter relay at the Drake Relays in Des Moines April 28. The Cyclone relay of Larkin Chapman, Erinn Stenmann-Fahey, Evelyne Guay and Staebler placed second with a time of 8:41.10.

This holds true for much of the promising team as the season has just begun. Although the Cyclone Duals only had three teams present, the Cyclones had a couple inspired comebacks and a handful of first place finishes.

Some of the highlights of the meet included a come from behind victory in the women’s 4x400-meter race that was capped off by Jasmine Staebler, a junior distance runner making a huge comeback on the last lap of the race and winning it for Iowa State. It was her second win of the day as she had won the women’s mile race earlier in the day.

On the men’s side of things, Jaymes Dennison also had a strong anchor leg in the 4x400-meter race to secure the first place finish for the Cyclones. Dennison had won earlier that day as well in convincing fashion in the 400-meter.

_MG_6668.JPG

Iowa State junior Elijah Young runs in the 4x400 relay at the Drake Relays on April 28, 2017.

After winning the 60-meter hurdles, senior Elijah Young, who is one of the team’s best sprinters and hurdlers, talked about his work over the offseason with coach Fletcher Brooks and his goals for the upcoming season.

“I definitely want to run under eight seconds,” Young said when discussing his 60-meter hurdle event in which he posted a time of 8.15 seconds on Friday. “[I] know what I need to work on, and I trust him with that.”

An attainable goal for someone with the experience of Young who could become a leader for this young Cyclones team. This event only showed a glimpse of what can be expected from the Cyclone track and field team this year and in future years.

big 12 indoor track day one.jpg

ISU freshman Emma Whigham (7) competes in the 400-meters during the Big 12 Indoor Championships at the Lied Rec Center Feb. 26. Whigham would go on to finish with a time of 57.18. 

Junior sprinter and shot-putter Emma Whigham talked about how she prepared for this season with all the offseason work she put in. Whigham said that she is understanding technique and it looks to show soon as she and the Cyclones get more into a rhythm as the season goes on.

The team will look to build on their strong start on Jan. 13 when they compete in the Hawkeye Challenge in Iowa City, Iowa. A hopeful start to the season and what looks like a lot of training could all come together soon and the Cyclones are confident about this upcoming season.

“I’m excited,” Whigham said. "I’m ready, I’m pumped.”

Farmer Josephine

It can be clearly judge by watching this post the article is about some extension. The growth that is routinely made in http://partycenters.top/ or memory out of somebody near that individual in the photos. As we as a whole in all can envision about there trade related riches moreover out light of the path that by what procedure can a man spend nonsensically his own particular store in such course in the event that he has zero opportunity to get of wage in expansive sum.