Iowa State night session-6217.jpg

Iowa State's Festus Lagat starts the 4x400 for the Cyclones during the Drake Relays. Lagat and the Cyclones took first place in the event.

Saturday saw qualifiers in three more events for Iowa State's track and field teams, and overall 10 athletes in nine events qualifies for nationals for the Cyclones.

Saturday saw Keria Christie-Galloway in the women's 100-meter hurdles qualify for nationals.

For the men, Iowa State saw Edwin Kurgat in the men's 5,000-meter and the 4x400-meter relay team, made of up of Charlie Johnson, Roshon Roomes, Ben Kelly and Eric Fogltanz, both qualify for nationals as well.

Christie-Galloway finished eighth overall in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 13.16 to advance to nationals.

As for Kurgat, he finished 19th overall in the men's 5,000-meter run with a time of 14:07.83 and advances to nationals for the second straight season.

For the Iowa State men's 4x400-meter relay team, they placed 12th overall and secured the final spot to advance to nationals for the second straight season with a time of 3:07.01.

According to an Iowa State track release, the 4x400-meter relay advances with returners Fogltanz and Roomes at the helm, with newcomers Johson and Kelly making their first NCAA championship debuts. 

Neither of Iowa State's first round events on Saturday qualified for nationals.

Mason Weh and Logan Schneider saw their seasons come to a close tonight after not making the cut to qualify and advance in the men's 110-meter hurdles. Weh placed 16th overall with a time of 14.01 and Schneider 21st overall with a time of 14.12.

Cailie Logue's season also came to an end in the women's 5,000-meter run. She placed 16th overall with a time of 16:01.27. She will look to return for Iowa State next season.

Up Next for the Cyclones:

Iowa State will now look to prepare for June to compete in the NCAA Track and Field Championships at the University of Texas.

The event will be June 5-8 and will be televised on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, and ESPNU as well as streamed online on the ESPN app.