The Iowa State tennis team finished its second day of competition at the CSUN invitational today.

Team Recap

Singles

Karen Alvarez, Regina Espindola, Ekaterina Repina and Annabella Bonadonna finished with impressive wins. Bonadonna was able to come back and close out the match with a win over Tracy Van of UC-Riverside with a 1-6, 6-4, 6-4 followed by a 7-5, 6-2 win against Azusa Pacific’s Jackie Resler. Bonadonna will meet with Tia Elpusan of UCR for first in her bracket tomorrow.

Erin Freeman was defeated by April Wong of Azusa Pacific who won 6-4, 4-6, 6-1. Maty Cancini lost both of her singles matches to players from CSUF, first falling to Genevieve Zeidan 6-1, 6-0 followed by a 5-7, 6-2 retired loss to Sarah Nuno. 

Doubles

Two Cyclones came out with big wins, with Freeman and Bonadonna defeating Gulin and Devarakonda from Long Beach State, 7-6. 

Espindola and Alvarez defeated Jadie Acidera and Luxizi Meng of Cal State Fullerton 7-6.

Repina and Margarita Timakova were defeated by Zeidan and Emery from CSUF losing 6-3.

Iowa State will finish play at the CSUN Invitational tomorrow and will begin at 11 a.m.