The Cyclone swimming and diving team will start the 2017-18 regular season Saturday. For their first meet, the Cyclones are traveling to Lincoln, Nebraska and competing with the Nebraska Cornhuskers. The dual meet will kick off at noon. 

Last year, the Cornhuskers swept the Cyclones with a big gap, ending the meet with a score of 195.5-101.5. The 2016-17 Cornhuskers also took home the Kansas Classic championship for the second consecutive year.

Cardinal and Gold Swim Meet

Member of the Iowa State Swim Team competes during the Cardinal and Gold meet at the Beyer pool Oct 13. 

That aroused more attention from the Cyclone coaches, swimmers and divers. This year, they want to make more breakouts in the meet with Nebraska.

Last Friday, newcomers Dana Liva and Anna Andersen had a wonderful performance in the Cardinal and Gold meet. Liva took all diving events with the highest scores, and Andersen won the 100-meter freestyle in addition to participating in winning two relays.

Senior Laura Miksch and junior Evan Hundley led the sprint events. School record-holder Keely Soellner will battle for the Cyclones in middle distance events.