Iowa State faced its intense rival, Iowa, in the last home meet before the new season on Friday. The Hawkeyes held a big enough gap the Cyclones couldn't catch up to. This year’s Cy-Hawk meet ended with a score of 172.5 to 127.5.

Actually, the Cyclones did a good job in the beginning of meet. Two teams from Iowa Sate placed second and third in the 200-yard medley relay.

The team got a big win in distance freestyle. Sophomore Keely Soellner held a lead in the 1000-yard freestyle and 500-yard freestyle, earning two first place finishes with a time of 10:08.04 and 4:54.65. Haley Ruegemer caught up to others in the last 50 yards for both distance events, taking second place in 1000-yard freestyle (10:14.77) and third place in 500-yard freestyle (4:59.62).

Swim Practice

Member of the Iowa State Swim team swims laps to warm up before practice Dec. 05 in Beyer Hall. 

The Cyclones led the Hawkeyes 20-16 after the 1000-yard freestyle.

Like the usual time, senior Laura Miksch had a needed performance in the 50-yard freestyle and got first with a time of 23.06 seconds.

Iowa State has a lot of advantages in the freestyle swims. Silqi Luo took second place in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:50.03. In the 100-yard freestyle, Miksch and Anna Andersen earned second place (51.14) and third place (51.39), respectively.

Freshman Martha Haas showed her talent in breaststroke and won the 100-yard breaststroke (1:02.64). This time becomes the eighth best time in school history. Senior Danica Delaquis got second place in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:18.92 and senior Kasey Roberts took third in the same event at 2:19.18.

Mary Kate Luddy only covered the butterfly events. She took third place in 200-yard butterfly with a time of 2:01.81. There was a serious competition between second and third place in 100-yard butterfly as Luddy touched the pad .01 millisecond before the Iowa swimmer.

Swim Practice

Members of the Iowa State Swim team prepare to swims laps during practice Dec. 5 in Beyer Hall. 

Ruegemer created her personal best time of 2:05.20 and took second place in 200-yard individual medley. Following Ruegemer, was sophomore Emma Ruehle in third with a time of 2:07.03.

In the final event, the 400-yard freestyle relay, the team of Andersen, Luo, Soellner and Miksch became one of the top-10 relay teams in school history and finished in second place with a time of 3:24.18.

In the diving pool, Sydney Ronald took second overall on the three-meter board, with a score of 279. Dana Liva took third with a 271.20. Liva also performed well in the one-meter board. Her score of 271.60 was enough to get the ticket to the Zone Championships. 

Farmer Josephine

Various entertainments are played with a definitive goal of accomplishment and making acknowledgment for our nation. A few people pick the diversions as their calling as some http://mercedesupcoming.top in observe from their vitality for that field. Diversions or physical excitements may keep us fit, dynamic and awe inspiring and I for one notice that a man who play such redirections is all the more convincing that the other one.

Jean Costache

I presume baths/bathing are a “thing”, so teach them to make bubbles in the water by humming through their nose and/or mouth. Get them comfortable with putting their face in the water with eyes open and humming bubbles out nose/mouth. Take a breath, start humming, submerge face, keep humming until face is back out of the water to take the next breath, repeat. Work on maintaining the breath cycle without interruption. Take a look at the swim spa CT if you need more information. If everyone made this a priority in their children’s upraising, actual swimming would be far easier to learn as children/adults.

Kibo Owens

The fact that the pool fees haven't changed is great news for all the citizens because this means that everybody can afford to spend their summer time in water. Not everybody can go on expensive vacations and this is a great way of spending time. You can also build your own pool if you have a house with a large enough back yard by calling coverstar pool cover parts Pittsburgh PA and they will just take it from there.