SWIM/DIVE

Iowa State Diver competing during their duel meet against the University of Kansas on Feb. 2 at Beyer Hall. 

The Iowa State swimming and diving team placed in fourth after four days at the 2018 Big 12 Championships.

Two records were broken by the senior Mary Kate Luddy for the Iowa State record books.

Luddy and junior Haley Ruegemer toppled the best 400-yard individual medley school record, and placed third and fourth in the 400. Luddy swam a time of 4:17.77, followed by Reguemer with a time of 4:18.15.

Besides Luddy, other seniors finished their final conference with outstanding performances and still played an important role on the swimming and diving team. Laura Miksch placed sixth in the 100-yard freestyle. Silqi Luo remained in seventh place in the 200-yard freestyle. In 200-yard breaststroke, Danica Delaquis finished in fifth.

Freshman Martha Haas showed talent in 100-yard breaststroke, placing eighth for her first Big 12 Championship.

Ruegemer and Keely Soellner finished sixth and seventh, respectively, in the 1650-yard freestyle.

In the final 400-yard freestyle relay, Miksch, Anna Andersen, Luo and Harper Emswiler kept the record-breaking style and reset the time for this event in Iowa State history, placing third.

In the diving as well, Dana Liva got a huge achievement in the platform. She set a new school record with a score of 283.40 and placed third. Sydney Ronald ended in sixth in the three-meter board with 200.55 points.

The Cyclones finished in fourth place with 512.5 at the end of the Big 12 Championships.

Porter Harper

As a distance group we try to make it through with positive thoughts and we try to cheer each other up during those tough swim spa ct sets so we can get to this point in the season where we just kill it in the mile. Any time you have a four day meet, things aren’t going to go your way the whole time, so we just had to get up and be resilient and keep walking into every session, ready to go.

Kibo Owens

Going for a dip in the pool will cool you off on a hot day, but it can also help you develop muscle strength and endurance. Swimming is a full body exercise that tones every major muscle group in your body. Each of the various strokes focuses on different muscles, so using a combination of strokes and having free form pool covers Bethel Park PA is great for your health. It builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness. helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs. Swimming tones muscles and builds strength, provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.