Big Four track and field

Freshman high jumper Jalen Ford jumps during the indoor Big Four Dual on Jan. 24. Ford recorded a jump of 2.05 meters during the event.

The Iowa State men’s track and field team held its own on the second day of the Florida Relays. There were only a couple events that the Cyclones competed in, but they had decent results in both.

Senior Jalen Ford was tasked with a tough high jump field and was able to set his outdoor personal record, while tying his overall personal record at 7-foot-1.

Ford has been chasing the elusive 7-foot-1 bar and now has been able to do it both indoors and outdoors.

On the track, Iowa State only ended up competing in the 4X400-meter relay and the Cyclones sent out Eric Fogltanz, Jaymes Dennison, Ka’Ven Berry and Frank Hayes. The Cyclones finished the race with a time of 3:10.30 and earned fifth place.

big 12 track

Sophomore Frank Hayes runs in the Mens 800 M at the Big 12 Track and Field Championship at Lied Rec. Center on Feb. 24. Hayes finished in fifth place with a time of 1:50.42.

Overall, Iowa State was able to reach a couple of big personal bests, but the team needs to show some improvement as they head toward the end of the season.

The Cyclones head to Tempe, Arizona, next week to compete in the Sun Angel Classic.

Shelby Keating

Amazing read.