Big12meet5.JPG

Freshman Zach Black strides out at the finish line during the Big 12 Conference final of the 1000m. Black finished 4th overall with a time of 2:23.91 edging out his fellow cyclones. Senior Christian DeLago finished 5th with a time of 2:24.18 and Sophomore Dan Curts dinished 7th with a time of 2:24.95.

The Cyclones had some great performances on Saturday in the Husker Invitational and the Bruce Lehane Scarlet and White Invitational.

Starting with the Husker Invitational, junior Wyatt Rhoads was able to finish strong in the heptathlon. He started off with a strong showing in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.65 seconds, and then was able to earn his personal record in the pole vault with a score of 13-8 ¼. He ended his weekend by finishing second in the 1000-meter run with a time of 2:47.39 which brought him up to a 10th-place finish overall.

In the 600-meter run, sophomore Ka’Ven Berry earned his personal best time with 1:20.83. He finished fifth in the event.

jalen2

Sophomore Jalen Ford won first place in the men's high jump during the Big 4 Duals on Jan. 23.

Senior Jalen Ford finished third in the high jump with a jump of 2.10-meters.

In Boston, newcomer Edwin Kurgat finished fifth in the mile race with a time of 4:06.05. Kurgat had a nice meet in his first race with the Cyclones and he looked good again.

Sophomore Zach Black also traveled to the Bruce Lehane Invite and he finished third in the 1000-meter run with a time of 2:27.35.

Overall, Saturday was another solid day for the Cyclone men and now they can focus on the next week as they go home to Ames for the Iowa State Classic.