GOLF STOCK

Then-junior Nick Voke practices his chipping Oct. 7, 2015, at the ISU golf facility. 

Coming off of a fourth-place finish at The Hootie at Bulls Bay, the Iowa State men’s golf team heads back to Iowa. After the Cyclones finished top-four, they jumped up in the national rankings to No. 69 by Golfstat.

The Cyclones were up against many ranked teams at The Hootie at Bulls Bay, and found a way to stay with them.

Iowa State takes on many other Midwest schools at the Hawkeye Invitational in Iowa City. Kansas (36), Michigan State (54), Marquette (60), and Arkansas State (61) are the only teams ranked above the Cyclones in the tournament, and not by much either.

Teams Participating (Golfstat ranking)

Arkansas State (61)

DePaul (232)

Drake (201)

Iowa (88)

Iowa State (69)

Kansas (36)

Kansas State (114)

Marquette (60)

Minnesota (76)

Michigan State (54)

Nebraska (180)

South Dakota State (228)

UMKC (118)

The tournament will consist of three rounds or 18 holes each with a par of 72. The Hawkeye Invitational has been moved up because of potential inclement weather, so round one will now be starting Friday, and rounds two and three will be on Saturday.

With this being the last test before the Big 12 Championship, Iowa State looks to make some big moves this weekend in rankings.