IMG_0658.JPG

The Iowa State Cyclones traveled to Kansas City, Missouri, to face the high-scoring University of Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos on Friday night.

UMKC's offense firepower showed as they came out on top against the Cyclones 3-1.

Coming into Friday's matchup, the Cyclones were 1-4-1 in their last six games. Meanwhile, the Kangaroos had won five out of six games.

UMKC got off to a hot start against the Cyclones as Rylan Childers scored a goal in the eighth minute. Reighan Childers and Lexi Howard combined for the assist.

Merin Mundt came off the bench for the Cyclones and tied the game for the Cyclones in the 32nd minute off a pass from Abigail Harbin. However, UMKC responded a minute later with a goal of their own, as Abby Small scored and Reighan Childers added another assist.

Both teams had chances to score before the half, but neither team was able to do so, and UMKC held a 2-1 at halftime.

fullsizeoutput_152f.jpeg

Senior Emily Steil kicks for a goal from the corner Friday night during the Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series game. 

It was a chippy game throughout the second half and both teams were very aggressive.

Rylan Childers was able to put the game away for the Kangaroos in the 75th minute with a goal, and Abby Small had the assist to give UMKC the win.

UMKC was in control for most of the game, as they put six of their 12 shots on goal and held the Cyclones to four shots on goal.

Iowa State falls to 2-6-1 on the season and 0-3-1 on the road.

The Cyclones will return to Ames to face in-state rival Northern Iowa on Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Cyclone Sports Complex.

Rufus Nermint

Blood clots in the veins can cause inflammation or irritation called thrombophlebitis. Severe complications of deep vein thrombosis were reported when a clot breaks loose or embolisms travel through the bloodstream, causing blockage of blood vessels pulmonary arteries in the lung. This blockage can cause serious problems, like damage to your lungs and low oxygen levels in your blood. The lack of oxygen can harm other organs in your body, too. If the clot is big or the artery is clogged by many smaller clots, a pulmonary embolism can be fatal.