The season is now underway for the Iowa State track and field team.

Both men's and women's teams raced in the Hawkeye Challenge in Iowa City, Iowa, while the rest competed at the Nittany Lion Challenge in Pennsylvania. There were a lot of positives to take away from these meets.

Womens 5000 Meter

Sophomore Megan Schott runs in the Womens 5000 Meter Feb 24th during the Big 12 Track and Field Meet. Schott came in 16th with a time of 16:57.765

The Hawkeye Challenge had both the men’s and women’s weight throw on Friday and the Cyclones dominated in both. The women’s weight throw was first, and Christabel Okeke continued her early season dominance with a convincing win over the field. Tessa Krempel finished third in the event for the Cyclones as well.

On the men’s side, it was pretty similar as Vlad Pavlenko mirrored Okeke’s success with another victory. Cyclone throwers Chris Celona and Brett Peters also placed near the top with second and fourth, respectively.

These were the only two events on Friday, but it looked like a promising start for the Cyclones. The events continued at 10 a.m. this morning and one of the first races was the 1000-meter run.

Dan Curts won his heat and advanced to the finals and finished in first for Iowa State. Iowa State dominated this event as well with two more runners finishing in the top four.

dolezal

Iowa State's Greyson Dolezal during the Big 12 Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Rock Chalk Park in Lawrence, Kansas on May 12, 2017. 

After these events, there was less success to be found for the Cylcones in Iowa City. Essence Henderson competed in the women’s shot put and placed third. Her score was an improvement from her score from December at the Cyclone Duals. 

Iowa State also had Zach Timm, a men’s shot putter, who finished third. Timm finished seventh at the Cyclone Duals and he actually had a worse score on Saturday, but he was higher up on the leaderboard.

Cody Durbin tied with Iowa’s Cole Moeller for third place in the men’s high jump. Despite recent success, Jalen Ford did not end up competing in this event.

Overall, the Hawkeye Challenge was an up and down event for the Cyclones. There were a few low finishes and handful of great performances. It's early in the season, so it is hard to gauge how this meet will compare with the ones in coming weeks.

The Cyclones also competed in the Nittany Lion Challenge that started Saturday morning. The Cyclones sent almost exclusively men’s sprinters to this site.

Jaymes Dennison was someone to look out for this weekend as he was competing in both the 400-meter dash and the 4X400-meter relay. Dennison took home second place in the 400-meter dash, finishing behind Kameron Jones of Maryland. 

In the men’s 1,000-meter run, Roshon Roomes finished second, only .04 seconds behind Penn State’s Jordan Makins. 

Jhoanmy Luque

Iowa State's Jhoanmy Luque finishes ninth in the triple jump at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships on March 11, 2017, in College Station, Texas. 

After some other less than ideal finishes for the Cyclones, it was time for the 4X400-meter relay. The Cyclones, led by Dennison, could not quite pull off a victory, losing to Penn State.

This race closed the book on a somewhat promising day for the Cyclones. That being said, there was definitely more success in the Hawkeye Challenge.

One thing is for sure -- it’s okay to be excited.

osama ali

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. Is The Sergi Constance Natural Or On Steroids?

osama ali

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! 10 day green smoothie cleanse

Stephen Gutierrez

Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that I can tackle. Im moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand. Regards. legal steroids

leoan drew

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. wwe fastlane results

samsaung mirza

Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. Anabolic Supplements

samsaung mirza

Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Phen375 Before And After Results

samsaung mirza

We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. Lee Haney  Steroids

justin cole

We're anxious a fabulous live. It is terrific to check almost all people explain in words out of your energy it goes without mention proficiency relating to which usually elemental question locale are typically nicely came across. seo checklist moz

Stephen Gutierrez

I have used this company for quite a few years and have been very happy with rancho santa margarita air conditioning repair service. Felt it was a good value for the service. Thank you!

sohail khatri

Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. the macro economy today 14th edition

Stephen Gutierrez

Thank you for the update, very nice site.. Trenbolone Cycle

osama ali

I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. pages like youtube

Stephen Gutierrez

I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. http://www.leclimatiseur-mobile.fr/delonghi-climatiseur/

Stephen Gutierrez

i am always looking for some free stuffs over the internet. there are also some companies which gives free samples. furnace repair Coquitlam

sohail khatri

Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! Test Bank for Essentials Of Corporate Finance 4th Australian Edition by Ross

anus khatri

Rest room marketing techniques you pertinent query previous to building. Will probably be quick to write down remarkable write-up because of this. tibco nimbus