golf - Amelia

Freshman Amelia Grohn practices at the Cyclones golf practice facility. 

After three rounds of golf, the Iowa State women’s golf team finished strongly in second place behind Arkansas. Their final team score was a 892, 10 strokes behind the first place team.

There were many impressive finishes by the Cyclones in round three, including a second place overall finish for Celia Barquin Arozamena. Her final score was a 74 for round three and a 219 total score.

Chayanit Wangmahaporn finished eighth overall with a round three score of 75 and a total score of 223. Following closely behind her was Alanna Campbell with a 77 round three score and a 228 total for the tournament. Amelia Mehmet Grohn and Tzu Yu Chou both finished round three with a score of 76.

After two matches this spring, the Cyclones are now ranked 26th nationally ahead of many conference competitor such as Kansas, Kansas State and Texas Tech according to Golfstat.com.

The Cyclones had a great finish this week and will come home to gear up for their upcoming match, The Dickson on Feb. 26 in Houston, Texas.