tennis

Senior Samantha Budai played for Iowa State Tennis on April 23. She went against Viktoriya Lushkova of Oklahoma and fell 0-6. They fell 0-4 against Oklahoma. 

The Iowa State Cyclones were defeated by the Nebraska Cornhuskers 4-0 in this mornings tournament in Lincoln Nebraska. 

Singles:

No. 1: Maty Cancini defeated Briana Lashway (UN) in the first set but was defeated 0-6 in the second set.

No. 2: Regina Espindola was defeated Vasanti Shinde (UN) 2-6, 1-6.

No. 3: Erin Freeman was defeated by Claire Reifeis (UN) 2-6, 1-6.

No. 4: Ekaterina Repina was defeated P. Del Cueto Castillo in the first set 4-6, Repina came out strong in the second winning 6-1, but lost momentum in the third losing 1-6.

No. 5: Margarita Timakova was defeated by Katerina Matysova (UN) 6-1, 6-1.

No. 6: Annabella Bonadonna defeated M’Balia Bangoura in the first set, coming down to tie breaker 7-6, but lost in the second set losing 1-4.

Doubles:

No. 1: Cancini/Espindola played a hard fought match but were defeated by Castillo/Lashway (UN) 5-7.

No. 2: Freeman/Bonadonna were defeated by Reifeis/Haakenstad (UN) 2-6.

No. 3: Repina/Timakova were defeated by Matysova/Shinde (UN) 5-7.

The Cyclones will take on the Omaha Athletics next later this afternoon at 2 p.m.