The Iowa State Cyclones were defeated by the Kansas State Wildcats this morning, 4-0.

Ekaterina Repina and Margarita Timakova fell in the No. 3 doubles match when they were defeated by Rosanna Maffei and Ines Mesquita 7-5. In No. 2 doubles, Erin Freeman and Annabella Bonadonna lost 6-4 to Maria Linares and Anna Turco.

tennis

Senior Samantha Budai played for Iowa State Tennis on April 23. This was the final home match for Budai. She earned the first-ever national ranking by a Cyclone tennis player. 

In singles action, Iowa State dropped three matches. Freeman, who played at the No. 3 position, was defeated by Carolina Costamagna 6-1, 6-1. Timakova lost 6-2, 6-1 to Turco in No. 5 singles. Bonadonna, at No. 6, lost 6-1, 6-4 to Mesquita. Maty Cancini picked up a 6-1 victory at the No. 1 spot. The match went unfinished as Margot Decker was winning 5-4 in the second set.

Singles:

No. 1: Cancini defeated Decker (KSU) 6-1, 4-5 and went unfinished.

No. 2: Regina Espindola was defeated by Linares (KSU) 6-7, 8-10 and the third set went unfinished.

No. 3: Freeman was defeated Costamagna (KSU) 6-1, 6-1.

No. 4: Repina faced Maffei (KSU) and went unfinished with the score at 2-6, 4-4. 

No. 5: Timakova was defeated by Turco (KSU) 6-2, 6-1.

No. 6: Bonadonna was defeated by Mesquita (KSU) 6-1, 6-4.

Doubles:

No. 1: Cancini/Espindola faced off against Costamagna/Decker (KSU) 6-6, unfinished.

No. 2: Freeman/Bonadonna were defeated by Linares/Turco (KSU) 6-4.

No. 3: Timakova/Repina were defeated by Maffei/Mesquita (KSU) 7-5.

At 5 p.m. next Friday the Cyclones will face Texas in Austin, Texas. Following their match against the Longhorns, Iowa State will meet with Baylor on Sunday at 1 p.m.

Connie Carlson

This kind of blog is showing us many detail but this time the author is share a kind of funny blog. We know that in this essay tigers uk blog we can easily enjoy all the written data which we can saw here. We know that this is good for us and also for all of the other readers.