baseball program anniversary6.jpg

Iowa State suffered its first loss in the National Club Baseball Association (NCBA) World Series on Sunday afternoon.

Coming off of a 6-2 upset of the No. 3 Florida State Seminoles on Friday, the No. 6 Cyclones dropped their game against No. 7 Penn State, 4-2.

IMG_2372.jpg

Iowa State runs home during the Iowa State vs. Oklahoma State baseball game. 

Through the first three innings, Iowa State held the Nittany Lions scoreless thanks to the pitching of John Ferry.

Penn State would get on the board first, scoring a run in the fourth and two more in the fifth.

Ricky Perez salvaged an RBI single in the bottom of the fifth, cutting Iowa State's deficit to 3-1 going into the final two innings of the game.

Each team added a single run in the seventh inning, and Iowa State was ultimately defeated.

baseball program anniversary7.jpg

Iowa State's next matchup will be against the defending NCBA World Series champions in the East Carolina Pirates. 

ECU beat Florida State in the first game of the loser's bracket on Saturday to set up the matchup against ISU.