20181005-Hockey-20.jpg

Cyclone Hockey's Trevor Sabo takes a shot against Alabama Hockey's Garret Kingsbury during the game Oct. 5 at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena

Cyclone Hockey finished off its weekend series against No. 9 University of Central Oklahoma, winning 4-1 on senior night.

On Saturday, it was the Cyclones who started off the first period strong, scoring three goals in the first twenty minutes. Senior forwards Trevor Sabo and Tony Uglem tallied a power-play goal each to go up 2-0.

The Cyclones killed off a penalty, but still surrendered one goal in the first period, scored by Grayden Hohl.

Sabo then added another goal with 19.7 seconds left in the period, to extend the lead to 3-1.

The second period was filled with special teams, but no change in score. Both teams killed off two penalties each, which included a 45-second 5-on-3 for the Bronchos.

IMG_8267.JPG

Cyclone forward Tony Uglem celebrates his second goal of the game late in the third period with his fellow teammates. The Cyclones lost 5-3 against the Lindenwood Lions on Feb. 3.

The Cyclones couldn’t capitalize on another power play chance early in the third, but Sabo added his third goal of the night with 8:42 left in the third period to complete the hat trick, making the score 4-1.

Sabo’s goal was the last goal scored in the game, and the Cyclones ended the weekend in a split with Central Oklahoma.