ISU v Ohio University 6.JPG

Matt Goedeke, senior goaltender, reaches for the puck after a save against the Ohio University Bobcats during the game at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena on Oct. 19, 2018. The Cyclones suffered a tough 4-1 loss to the Bobcats.

Cyclone Hockey hit the ice for its first road game since Jan. 12, falling 2-1 in a close game against the Ohio University Bobcats.

Ohio’s Matt Rudin scored first for the Bobcats 8:59 into the period to make the score 1-0. Both teams played physical and had many first period chances, but the score remained the same going into the first intermission.

Junior forward Jackson Graalum then scored his first goal of the season just under seven minutes into the second period to tie the game at one.

Ohio’s Scott Bagby, however, tallied another goal for the Bobcats in the second period, to regain the lead again. The score ended at 2-1 at the end of the period. 

Rudin received a five-minute major penalty in the third period, but the Cyclones were unable to capitalize on the man advantage.

The Cyclones pulled senior goaltender Matt Goedeke with 50 seconds remaining in the period, but couldn't even the score with the extra man.

ISU v Ohio University 4.JPG

Senior goaltender Matt Goedeke during the game against the Ohio University Bobcats at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena on Oct. 19. The Bobcats ended up beating the Cyclones 4-1.

The Cyclones will look to even the series Saturday night.