ISU v Ohio University 6.JPG

Matt Goedeke, senior goaltender, reaches for the puck after a save against the Ohio University Bobcats during the game at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena on Oct. 19, 2018. The Cyclones suffered a tough 4-1 loss to the Bobcats.

Cyclone Hockey is coming off a successful weekend that saw the No. 5 Cyclones travel to Springfield, Missouri, and sweep then No. 12 Missouri State Ice Bears in a series that saw the return of forwards Colton Kramer and Jackson Graalum. The 5-0 and 5-4 victories helped the Cyclones reclaim the No. 5 spot in the ACHA Men’s Division I rankings after dropping to No. 6 during their break.

This weekend, the Cyclones will return to the Ames/ISU Ice Rink to face off against the No. 18 Robert Morris Illinois Eagles in a CSCHL matchup. The Cyclones previously traveled to Bensenville, Illinois, in November to face the Eagles in their last series before their prolonged break.

The Cyclones head into the weekend with a 14-4 record and a conference record of 2-4. Meanwhile, the Eagles head into the weekend with a record of 10-12-3, with a conference record of 2-6-2.

The last series between the Cyclones and the Eagles saw a split, with Iowa State winning the first game 3-2 and dropping the second game 3-0. Both teams will look to improve their conference record this weekend, especially when the CSCHL is highly competitive and every game matters.

The Cyclones are hoping to carry the momentum over from the previous weekend, where they tallied 10 goals in two games, highlighted by a four-goal performance from the returning Kramer in the first game.

Goalie Matt Goedeke is coming off a weekend where he saved 53 save on 57 shots, including a perfect 20-for-20 during the first game.

The games will start at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday inside the Ames/ISU Ice Arena.