Cyclone Hockey vs Minot State

Cyclone Hockey gets ready for a faceoff against Minot State Friday night. The game was held at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena. The Cyclones won the game with a final score of 3-1. 

Cyclone Hockey is looking for a clean sweep this weekend against No. 23 Colorado State after losing both games to No. 1 Lindenwood last weekend.

The Cyclones will play this weekend series at home at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena before going out on the road for two weeks.

“There’s only a few home games left," said freshman forward C.J. Banser. "We want to leave Ames on a positive note and have success before we go on the road for a few weeks."

Banser also said the team needs to keep their head up and just play their game going forward.

20181005-Hockey-10.jpg

Cyclone Hockey's C.J. Banser during a faceoff at the game against Alabama Hockey Oct. 5 at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena. The Cyclones won 4-3.

So far, the Cyclones are 3-3 on their four-weekend homestand. Two of the losses were to No. 1 Lindenwood, one of which was in a shootout.

Now, they’re looking ahead to the next challenge in Colorado State, whom the team hasn’t faced since the 2015-16 season.

“What’s important for us this weekend is making sure we have a great effort,” said head coach and general manager Jason Fairman. “I think if we bring the effort, everything else will take care of itself.”

Fairman stated that the goal this weekend is a sweep against Colorado State, which would give them an overall winning record on their long, four-weekend homestand.

He also added that if they’re playing the best game they can play, they’re usually pretty successful.

After two weekends on the road, the Cyclones will return home for one more weekend series against the University of Central Oklahoma March 1-2, which will mark the end of the regular season.

The CSCHL playoffs will be March 15-17, followed by the national tournament, which will be March 22-26.

“Obviously we want the best for our team...we’ve been working hard all year,” Banser said. “If we put our minds to it I feel like we can really get something going here at the end of the year.”

It will all begin this weekend when the Cyclones face No. 23 Colorado State. The Friday and Saturday games will both start at 7:30 p.m. in the Ames/ISU Ice Arena.