20181005-Hockey-7.jpg

Cyclone Hockey's Tony Uglem against Alabama Hockey's Pierre Ouellette during their game Oct. 5 at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena.

The Cyclones returned home on Friday in a matchup against the University of Central Oklahoma Bronchos. The Cyclones were defeated by the Bronchos 4-3.

The Bronchos started the game off hot, tallying two goals from Gage Joel with 12:06 left in the first period and Nial Mills followed with a goal a few minutes later.

Senior forward Tony Uglem quickly responded with a goal to cut the Bronchos lead to 2-1.

The Bronchos struck once more with under two minutes left in the first with a goal from Donald Danroth, putting the Bronchos up 3-1 to close the first period.

Senior forward Colton Kramer cut the Bronchos lead to 3-2 with a goal just over three minutes into the second period.

Spencer Peratalo capitalized on a late power play, giving the Bronchos a 4-2 lead to finish off the second period.

Uglem found the back of the net for the second time, once again cutting the Broncho lead to 4-3.

Despite power play with 22.5 left in the third and an additional man advantage after pulling their goaltender, the Cyclones were unable to find the game tying score.

The Cyclones and the Bronchos will face off again on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. inside the Ames/ISU Ice Arena.