Cyclone Hockey vs Minot State

Nick Rogers #14, and Adam Alcott #15, on the Cyclone hockey team against Minot State at Friday night's game. The game was held at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena. The Cyclones won the game against Minot State with a final score of 3-1. 

The No. 9 Cyclones hit the ice again Saturday night to play their second game of their series with the No. 6 Minot State University Beavers. The Cyclones won the game 3-2 in an overtime thriller, completing the sweep.

Iowa State’s senior forward Adam Alcott struck first, scoring the first goal of the game with 2:32 left in the first period. The Cyclones held the 1-0 lead going into the first intermission.

Minot State’s Matthew Flom tied the game with a goal near midway through the second period. Minot State found its first lead of the series with a goal from Paul O’Connor with 3:52 left in the second period.

Cyclone freshman Robbie McLean tied it at two, finding the back of the net with only 27.1 seconds left in the second period. This marked McLean’s first career goal with Cyclone Hockey.

Both teams faced several great scoring opportunities in the third period, but no one could capitalize. The 2-2 tie meant that they game would go into overtime.

Cyclone sophomore forward Dylan Goggin won it for the Cyclones on a game-winning goal, fresh off a penalty kill.