20181005-Hockey-2.jpg

Cyclone Hockey's Tony Uglem takes a shot on goal during the game against Alabama Hockey Oct. 5 at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena.

Cyclone Hockey took on Robert Morris on Friday night for its first game of the weekend series. The game ended in a 3-2 win for the Cyclones. 

Robert Morris got on the board early, scoring just 1:11 into the first period. However, the Cyclones answered back with two goals in the period, courtesy of senior forwards Tony Uglem and Aaron Azevedo.

ISU v Ohio University 11.JPG

Senior forward Aaron Azevedo after a face-off during the game against the Ohio University Bobcats Oct. 19 at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena. The Cyclones lost 4-1 to the Bobcats.

The second period started off similar to the first, with Robert Morris getting on the board early. It was Sam Mancini who scored for the Eagles, tying the game 3:07 into the period.

Uglem then added another goal for the Cyclones on the power play, making the score 3-2 just 5:49 into the period. This went on to be the final goal scored before the second intermission.

Cyclone Hockey vs Waldorf University

Tony Uglem passes the puck to a teammate at Friday night's game. The team played Waldorf University at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena. 

The Cyclones killed off their first penalty of the game in the third period, and both teams played 4-on-4 after coincidental minors, but the period remained scoreless.

The final score was 3-2 in favor of the Cyclones, who will look to complete the sweep on Saturday night.