Cyclone Hockey vs Waldorf University

Cyclone Hockey player Hunter Dolan, #11, skates to the puck at Friday night's game. The team played Waldorf University at Ames/ISU Ice Arena. 

Cyclone Hockey started off strong in its first game against Minot State on Friday night, winning 3-1.

The Cyclones got on the board just 1:48 into the game, courtesy of sophomore forward Hunter Dolan. Dolan’s goal went on to be the only goal scored in the first period.

The second period started off very similarly for the Cyclones, as freshman forward Nick Rogers tallied a goal 1:43 into the period. This also went on to be the only goal scored in the period, resulting in a 2-0 score in favor of the Cyclones going into the second intermission.

The third period was no different. Just 1:06 into the period, senior forward Aaron Azevedo added another goal, making the score 3-0.

Minot State’s Rhett Lough broke the shutout with 11:14 left in the game to make the score 3-1.

Both teams were strong on the penalty kill, each killing two penalties.

The final score ended at 3-1 in favor of the Cyclones, who look to complete the sweep on Saturday night at 7:30 at Ames/ISU Ice Arena.