Coming off a weekend of blowout victories, the No. 10 ISU hockey team returns to the Ames/ISU Ice Arena this Friday and Saturday for a pair of games against No. 3 Arizona State.

A new ranking will come out Friday and ISU coach Al Murdoch thinks there is a strong chance Arizona State (3-0-0-0) will be ranked No. 1 when the new ranking is released.

No. 1 Lindenwood was upset last weekend by Central Oklahoma 4-3 at home and will likely drop in the rankings. No. 2 Ohio swept No. 22 Pittsburgh last weekend while the Sun Devils swept No. 19 Arizona.

“It’ll be a toss-up between Ohio and Arizona State on who’s No. 1,” Murdoch said. “My money would be on Arizona State, but Ohio is very good too.”

Last weekend, Iowa State (6-1-0-0) swept Kansas in two blowout games, winning 9-1 on Friday and 9-0 on Saturday.

ISU forwards Jon Feavel and J.P. Kascsak both had hat tricks last weekend. The three goals last weekend brought Feavel’s point total to 11 (nine goals, two assists). Kascsak now has 10 points (five goals, five assists).

Feavel said the tone at the rink has been very different from last week, when they were preparing for Division II Kansas.

“Last week we were more focused on school … and this week we’re definitely focused on these games,” Feavel said. “We know we have to be ready, and we know we have to bring it.”

After having a three-goal game last weekend, Feavel said he isn’t focused on doing that again.

“Three goals to help the team is great, but it’s the W,” Feavel said. “As long as I help the W, and that’s more the emphasis this weekend.”

The Cyclones and the Sun Devils face off at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena.