IMG_2480.jpg

Member of the Washington State Football Team jumps in the air during the first half of the Valero Alamo Bowl Game Dec 28.

SAN ANTONIO— All night long at the Valero Alamo Bowl between Iowa State and Washington State, the Cyclones kept within striking distance.

In the end, the Cyclones fell just short against the Cougars, losing 28-26 to end their season with an 8-5 record.

The game started sloppy. Both teams turned the ball over within the first five offensive plays of the game. Washington State's James Williams was hit from behind by Cyclone cornerback Brian Peavy and fumbled. Peavy recovered the fumble as well.

Two plays later, Iowa State freshman quarterback Brock Purdy was picked off by Jalen Thompson of Washington State.

The Cougars got on the board twice to start the game, taking a 14-0 lead.

Iowa State responded with a quick 69-yard scoring drive that took four plays, bringing the deficit to seven points.

After another Washington State touchdown from Gardner Minshew II to Dezmon Patmon, Iowa State redshirt sophomore kicker Connor Assalley hit a 50-yard field goal right before half to send the Cyclones to the locker room trailing 21-10.

Two Cyclones — redshirt senior linebacker Willie Harvey and redshirt sophomore defensive end Enyi Uwazurike — were ejected in the first half for targeting. Harvey's ejection also marked the end of his Cyclone career.

In the second half, Iowa State came alive.

The Cyclones outscored Washington State 10-0 in the third quarter. Hakeem Butler and David Montgomery made big plays for the Cyclone offense to keep Iowa State in it.

Washington State extended the lead to 28-20 with an early fourth quarter drive.

Iowa State scored late, but was unable to convert the 2-point attempt and Washington State ran out the clock for the win.

anus khatri

I enjoy kinds very own post. It'll be respectable to get a single describe inside terms from the central and also chastity on this distinct essential specialized niche will probably be commonly knowledgeable. best javascript book