Breece Hall rush against West Virginia 2019

Brock Purdy hands the ball off to Breece Hall in Iowa State's away game vs. West Virginia Oct. 12. The Cyclones beat the Mountaineers 38-14.

Iowa State has made it double-digits in October victories.

The Cyclones used a near-perfect first half offensive display to dispatch the Red Raiders Saturday afternoon, 34-24.

Brock Purdy threw for 300 yards in the first half, setting an Iowa State record for most 300-yard games by a quarterback in school history. 

But the first half also belonged to redshirt sophomore Charlie Kolar, who grabbed two touchdown catches. Kicking woes aside — Brayden Narveson missed two field goals and Connor Assalley missed an extra point — Iowa State was cruising with a 20-7 lead.

A 15-play drive from Texas Tech to start the second half led to a field goal as the Red Raiders cut the Cyclones’ lead to 20-10. The next play from scrimmage, Breece Hall ran for a 75-yard touchdown and put Iowa State up 27-10. Hall became the first true freshman running back have two 100-yard games back-to-back in school history. 

Tech responded with a touchdown at the end of the third quarter, but a Breece Hall run in the fourth quarter put the Cyclones out of reach.

Iowa State has now won three-straight games heading into a homecoming clash with Oklahoma State next Saturday. The Cyclones are 5-2.