Tripp 07.jpg

Iowa State junior golfer Tripp Kinney tracks the ball after hitting his tee shot.

Round two of the Louisville regional wrapped up Tuesday afternoon for the Cyclones.

Iowa State jumped up three spots on the leaderboard, ending the second round in fourth place.

The jump came thanks to a stellar performance from one of the Cyclone's most dependable golfers.

Tripp Kinney is in first place in the individual standings after round two. Kinney shot -6 (65) in the second round, even better than his two-under first round of 69.

Kinney shot six birdies and zero bogies in the second round and was the only Cyclone to shoot under par in the second round.

Sophomores Lachlan Barker and Ricky Costello both ended the second round T24 individually.

Barker and Costello both shot two-over-par (73), Sam Vincent continued his first round struggles and shot five-over-par (76) and Frank Lindwall shot even par (71) for the second round.

Jean Costache

The golf swing definitely involves physical exertion. Many professional players from golf management companies spend time in the gym to increase their power and flexibility because of the movement of the swing so golf certainly fits this part of the definition. Interestingly it is debatable as to whether the putting stroke does fit this definition so if golf just consisted of putting then it may not be a sport.