Round two concluded at the Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate in South Carolina this afternoon.

Iowa State stays put in eighth place after round two, despite shooting 4 over par (292) for the round.

The Cyclones' coach Andrew Tank has said after every tournament that keeping early-round momentum going into the final rounds is crucial if the Cyclones want to succeed consistently.

The second round saw the Cyclones deviate from the words of their head coach, as no golfer for Iowa State shot under par for the second round.

While the Cyclones saw a two-birdie increase from round one to two, Iowa State racked up 10 more bogies in the second round than the previous.

The second round struggles were across the board for the Cyclones, with each golfer having at least four bogies.

Kinney_Tripp18_24.jpg

Iowa State junior golfer Tripp Kinney lines up a putt. Kinney ranks first on the team this year in stroke average (70.55).

Tripp Kinney and Lachlan Barker were the only two golfers for the Cyclones that didn't shoot over par, with both shooting even (72) for the second round.

Kinney fell seven slots on the individual leaderboard and ended the second round T12. Kinney had five birdies and four bogies.

Barker also saw a drop in the rankings, sitting T14 right behind Kinney. Barker collected four birdies and four bogies.

IMG_0743.jpg

Sophomore Lachlan Barker Practices May 22 at the ISU Golf Facilities.

The rest of the scores for the Cyclones are as follows:

Sam Vincent: +3 (75) and sits T-39

Frank Lindwall and Ricky Costello: Both shot +2 (74) in the second round and are both tied at 61 on the individual leaderboard.