The first two rounds of the Thunderbird Invitational wrapped up in Tempe, Arizona, on Friday.

Iowa State sits in eighth place after the first two rounds.

The Cyclones scored a 286 in the first round and a 285 in the second, dropping from fourth place by the time the second round was over.

Golf

Tripp Kinney practices putting at Coldwater Golf Links on April 5th.

Tripp Kinney is currently in 10th place individually, shooting 2 under (69) in the first round and even in the second (71).

Lachlan Barker sits tied for 24th after the opening rounds. Barker shot -1 (70) and +2 (73) in his rounds of play.

Sophomore Frank Lindwall is right above Barker in a tie for 20th after the opening rounds.

Golf

Frank Lindwall gets ready to practice putts on the practice green on April 5th.

Lindwall shot +2 in the first round and then rebounded by carding a -2 (69) in the second round.

Sam Vincent and Ricky Costello round out the pack, both remaining toward the bottom of the leaderboard for a majority of the opening rounds.

Vincent struggled in both rounds, shooting 3 over par in the first and then 5 over to end his second round. He currently is in 65th place.

Costello had a rough opening round, shooting +12 (83). Costello responded in the second round by carding a +1 score.