The waiting is over for Iowa State as the Cyclones found out Wednesday night their postseason fate after the conclusion of the Big 12 Championship.

Golf

Part of the men's golf team talks and gets prepared to tee off on the first hole April 5 at Coldwater Golf Links.

For the third straight season, Iowa State will participate in an NCAA regional. 

This season, Iowa State earned the No. 7 seed in its regional field. The Cyclones will join 12 other teams in the Louisville regional held in Louisville, Kentucky.

The Cyclones will not be the only school representing the Big 12 conference in this regional, with No.1 overall seed Oklahoma State leading the pack.

Baylor sits two spots ahead of the Cyclones at the No. 5 seed in the Louisville regional. West Virginia is also in the Cyclone's region as the No. 8 seed.

81 teams and 45 individuals found out which of the six regional championships — 54-hole (three rounds) — they would begin their path toward the NCAA Championships in late May.

The top five teams in each regional will advance to the match-play final.

In recent years, Iowa State has had great success at the NCAA regionals.

Golf

Lachlan Barker tees off on the first hole April 5 at Coldwater Golf Links.

In the 2017-18 season, the Cyclones finished in third place in their regional group, tied for the best showing in an NCAA postseason event in school history.

The Cyclones have found success on the indivudal level as well. Seven Cyclones have placed in the top 10 at an NCAA Regional.

Iowa State will begin NCAA regional play May 13-15.