Habermann family

Cathy, Billy and Bill Habermann (left to right) pose in front of the Forker Tennis Courts after Billy won a singles and doubles gold medal at the 2018 Special Olympics.

Billy Habermann earned a pair of gold medals in singles and doubles tennis at the Special Olympics this week.

Habermann had his medal he won on Friday morning secure in his shorts pocket. Meanwhile, he sat with his friends and chatted, while watching other doubles teams compete.

When asked to show his gold medal, Habermann threw it around his neck with a smile on his face. The gold medal was important to Habermann, but it took a backseat to other things gained from the Special Olympics.

Through the Special Olympics, Habermann can cultivate friendships with the other competitors.

Habermann connected with his doubles partner, but he also gets to meet thousands of athletes from across the state — in 2017 the Special Olympics Iowa report tallied 14,961 participants.

"It's a good way to keep in touch with friends that they normally wouldn't see since they aren't together everyday," said Billy's father, Bill.

Iowa has been Habermann's main location for competition, but he said that he plans to branch out by attending the National Special Olympics in Seattle in July.

Habermann said he'll stick to the tennis courts in Seattle.

Special Olympics provides an opportunity for its athletes to not only branch out geographically, but also in the sports they participate in.

Habermann said that tennis is his favorite sport, but he's dipped his toes in other events as well.

"Tennis, softball, basketball, bowling, golf [and] track," Habermann said when he listed off the different events he's done.

Habermann said he doesn't know when he'll stop competing, but his father said he doesn't think Billy has any plans to stop soon.

The foundation of Habermann's athletic experiences has been his family. Habermann — a Sioux City, Iowa native — had his mother and father, Bill and Cathy Habermann, in attendance in Ames.

The Habermann family bonds throughout the Special Olympics, and Bill coaches other members of the Sioux City Knights.

"Three years of tennis, but other sports [I've coached] six or seven years," Bill Habermann said. "I got started because my son, Billy. It's just something I love to do, it's honestly the most rewarding thing I do."

Billy has a platform to grow as a person through new relationships, new locations and new sports. The Habermann family has a platform to grow as a family, but while Billy is building new friendships, so are the Habermanns.

"It's a great community of families, too," Cathy Habermann said. "We have so many family friends that our family is friends with their family because our children/adults compete and have competed for years, so it's just an extension of our family."

hau trung

Công ty Tân Kim Lợi chuyên cung cấp, máy làm đá, mini, gia đình, Tủ đông lạnh công nghiệp, bàn lạnh công nghiệp, http://sualaptophanoi.com.vn/ , http://banmainlaptop.com/, , được sản xuất trên dây truyền hiện đại của nhật mang đến sự an tâm về chất lượng.

Edward c Green

You set any song as ringtone in your iPhone without using iTunes with a few simple steps. We’ve got a step-by-step tutorial to show you how to create awesome ringtones.
Find best apps for Ringtones

Edward c Green

Certain categories in the App Store stand out not only for their functionality but for the beautiful design trends that you tend to see within them. Custom ringtone apps are definitely just such a category and several of these apps have absolutely gorgeous interfaces. The Best Ringtone Maker App For iphone

Edward c Green

It is possible to use the WavePad sound-editing app for many different audio-related tasks. If your mobile phone or smartphone may utilize custom sound files as ringtones.
create a custom ringtone in wavepad

Edward c Green

A simple look for ringtone maker Apps on Apple app store reveals thousands of results, but the majority of them are filled with advertisements or lack some innovative capabilities, here in this post we have listed best apps.
Best ringtone editor apps

Edward c Green

We took a look at some of the lesser known but still incredibly fun games like Minecraft, and broke it down for you to check out for yourself.
check this article here

Edward c Green

Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which Contains technical data about the how the Windows devices and its related software is working and send this data periodically to Microsoft so as to enhance the user experience by fixing the Potential issues that occur.
check this article here

Edward c Green

The IRQL error is a memory related error that often appears if a system process or a driver attempts to access a memory address without proper access rights.
https://repairlabs.wixsite.com/errorcodes

Edward c Green

Edward c Green

Some computer errors are more specific than others. Some are even so much so that they would only affect specific Internet browsers and not others.
check this article here

Edward c Green

The 0x80004005 error is usually related to an Access Denied situation. However, if it occurs when you’re trying to switch to a Local Account on your Windows device, it means that the Microsoft account wasn’t synced properly.
Check this article here

Edward c Green

Error 0x800705b4 that happens to Windows computers can be fairly common and the same code may appear in different circumstances with different error messages.
Check this article here

Edward c Green

After upgrading to Windows 10, most users running the “IDT High Definition Audio” have reported that the sound stops working. This is due to a driver malfunction with the IDT High Definition Audio Codec. https://howtofix.site123.me/

Edward c Green

If you use Google Chrome and you’re getting the “server DNS address could not be found” error message when you try to visit some websites, don’t worry! It’s definitely something you can fix. Check this article here

Edward c Green

Window.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the window DLL file.
How to Fix Window.dll Not Found

Edward c Green

A non-toxic home is so very important and one of the most important rooms in the home is the kitchen – after all this is where the food that nourishes our bodies is prepared. Check this article here

Edward c Green

Occasionally your residence isn't as cluttered as it's cluttered. Things you do not want, use or just know where to shop can quickly collect and overtake your property. Check this article here

Edward c Green

The key to cleaning a room quickly is an understanding of which tasks to tackle first and knowing which tools you need before you start.
Check this article here

Edward c Green

There’s not any doubt that for a lot of us, cleaning the bathroom is among the most dreaded cleaning tasks. However, the toilet is also among the most frequently used rooms in the home. Check this article here

Edward c Green

We don't quite know whether it was developer From Software's intention, but with Dark Souls it started a gaming revolution.
Do check this article

Edward c Green

If you have been enjoying Fortnite for a while now then you must already have a hunger for other games like it.
Do check this article

Edward c Green

Nobody can deny that Minecraft is among the most well-known games around at this time. This game really popularized the survival and mining genre that's been embraced by countless matches today, like Terraria. Do check this article

Edward c Green

Do check this article

Edward c Green

Fortnite is lots of fun, and for its most devoted fans, there is no other mobile game that can take its place. However, after thoroughly enjoying this engaging and immersive game, many players wonder whether there are games out there that can offer a similar playing experience.
Do check this article

Edward c Green

Minecraft is a sandbox indie game made by Markus Persson and afterward acquired by Mojang. Who'd have believed that textured cubes at a 3D planet would amuse millions of players around the globe?
Do check this article

Edward c Green

If you've already logged more than 100 hours in the game, and you feel like there's nothing new left to do, then why not try something similar that you're guaranteed to like.
Do check this article