Carr WTTCT19

David Carr wins first round against Shane Griffith in the first of a best-of-three round match for a spot on the Junior World Team. (Used with permission)

David Carr's aspirations for competing in the offseason are not over yet as it has just begun with Carr securing a spot on the Junior World Team.

David Carr, seeing no action on day one, faced redshirt freshman from Stanford Shane Griffith on day two.

A true freshman at Iowa State last season -- Carr won both his matches today back-to-back to take the best-of-three sweep in Raleigh, North Carolina at the World Team Trials. Competing against a well-bodied Stanford true freshman Shane Griffith -- Carr won the first match by a 6-3 decision and the second match by a 6-4 decision.

With the sweep, Carr secured his spot and will join nine others on the Junior World Team.

Carr will look to finish the offseason in Estonia by acquiring a Junior World Championship title later this year. A hopeful end to the true freshman after his first season with Cyclone wrestling.

Carr, who was a four-time high school state champion in Ohio, went 23-1 overall last season wrestling unattached for the Cyclones.