20180916-Soccer-12.jpg

ISU Sophomore Kassi Ginther races to beat UNI Junior Sydney Hayden to the ball at the ISU vs UNI game this Sunday. ISU lost 0-1.

The Iowa State Cyclones have had a rough start to the season, but the team felt optimistic heading into its Big 12 opener against the TCU Horned Frogs. On paper, the Horned Frogs looked like they should've been able to take care of the Cyclones, but they failed to accomplish that, as Iowa State and TCU battled to a 2-2 tie.

It's been an emotional week for everyone in the Cyclone family, as they lost one of their student-athletes, Celia Barquin Arozamena, on Monday morning. The Cyclones' women's soccer team honored Barquin Arozamena by naming her an honorary team captain. Iowa State will wear captain's sleeves and patches this season in her memory.

Senior Klasey Medelberg scored the first goal of the game for Cyclones in the fifth minute and Emily Steil had the assist.

TCU's offense was able to put a lot of pressure on the Cyclones defense, but the Horned Frogs weren't able to capitalize as the Cyclones held their 1-0 lead at halftime.

Messiah Bright scored a goal for TCU in the 48th minute to tie the game 1-1. Cachet Lue had the assist.

Kassi Ginther responded with a goal of her own in the 57th minute, and the Cyclones re-took the lead 2-1, Merin Mundt and Emily Steil received the assist. With that assist, Steil moved into a tie for seventh in career assists in program history.

20180916-Soccer-2.jpg

ISU Junior Merin Mundt locked in a battle for the ball with UNI Senior Claire Netten. ISU lost 0-1.

TCU tied the game again in the 69th minute with a Yazmeen Ryan goal on a penalty kick.

Neither team was able to put another shot in the back of the net and the game headed to overtime.

Both teams couldn't score in two overtime periods, and the game finished in a 2-2 draw.

The Cyclones will be back in action on Sunday at noon against the No. 22 Texas Tech Red Raiders in Lubbock, Texas.

saaf gert

Much gratitude to you a group for offering this to each one of us you truly recognize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. You should moreover search for appeal from my site

CannaBliss CBD Oil